Daily health screenings for students and school-based staff, including temperature checks, must be completed at home by families and by school-based staff prior to arrival at the school building.
- School-based staff and students cannot report to school if they have
- Experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 (symptoms listed above in Screening)
- Been knowingly in close contact in the past 14 days with anyone wo has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19 (see list included in Screening)
- Tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days; AND/OR
- Traveled internationally or form a state with widespread community transmission of COVID-19 per the New York State Advisory in the past 14 days.
- To ensure that staff and students do not report to school if they have or potentially may have COVID-19 or are feeling ill, a health screening, including a temperature check, must be completed by all students, staff, and visitors before entering NYCDOE school facilities.
- In addition, random temperature screenings will be conducted on staff and students as they enter the building.
- completed by all students, staff, and visitors before entering NYCDOE school facilities. Oral thermometers will be provided to all students’ families so that temperatures screenings can be completed at home before leaving for school. This screening should be completed at home and must be completed each day.
- School-based staff, students, and visitors can complete the health screening in the following ways:
Online Health Screening Tool: https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
Paper Copy of Health Screening Questionnaire:
- If students are not able to pre-screen using the online tool, Mott Hall will provide
families with several copies of the health screening questionnaire so families can complete the questionnaire at home.
- Copies of the Paper Health Screening Questionnaire, will also be available by school entrance.
- A printable version of the health screening questionnaire can be found at
- Upon entering the school facility, families/students will be asked to provide the results of their screening either by showing the email on their smartphone or a printout of the results.
- Any person who needs to complete the health screening in-person will undergo a temperature check.
- Everyone entering building must wear a Mask. Masks will be available for anyone not needing a mask.
Student Pick Up
If a student fails a health screening or shows symptoms of COVID-19, the guardian of the student will be immediately contacted and advised to pick up the child. The student will be taken to the appropriate room, and to wait for the guardian to arrive. If the guardian cannot be reached, the school will contact the emergency contacts on the student's Blue Card.
NO ONE IS ALLOWED INTO BUILDING BEFORE 8:05 AM
The school day begins at 8:15 am
Rear Entrance #2: 7:20 am
Ms. Ureña (supervise students remain in yard)
6th Grade Students (Students exit bus and go directly to yard)
Entrance into building:
Ms. De Los Santos, Mr. Corona, SSA Mann
6th Grade Students enter at 7:45 am (back stairwell to 2nd Floor)
Additional Arrival Support:
Escort and supervise students in classroom. Students will eat breakfast.
Lopez – Rm 203
Cardona – Rm 204A
Jimenez – Rm 212
Main Entrance #1: 8:05 am
Ms. Nazario, Mr. Masood, SSA James, SSA Mann
Grade 7 & 8
Ms. Ureña – Lining up support
Mr. Corona – Lining up support
Ms. De Los Santos
We will be facilitating a staggered dismissal process to reduce congestion both inside and outside the building. Please see chart below for time and location details:
The school day ends at 1:45 pm
Staggered Dismissal Time:
1:40 pm (6th Grade yellow bus only)
1:45 pm (6th, 7th and 8th)
Main Entrance #1: Ms. Nazario, Mr. Masood, SSA James
Additional Dismissal Support:
Rear Entrance #2: Ms. De Los Santos, Mr. Corona, SSA Maguire
Additional Dismissal Support: